Saturday, February 2, 2013

JAN 22


There are no knots at the first place- true self. We are the one who ties our knots from eons of past life. These are trapped by ourselves. That is why we keep running after our own shadows to free ourselves from death and birth. We have along tying ourselves with all kinds of knots that caused us to suffer. We make many offers and prayers which are of no use because we are seeking for help outwardly. The real owner is inside us. Let the inner being be awaked and untie all the knots at once so that we can be like a bird soars into the higher realm with complete freedom.
In fact Lord Buddha told his disciples to untie them all at once and liberate themselves. The teachings of Heart-sutra and Diamond-sutra had already mentioned the way very clearly.
That is why the Hui-neng, the Great Zen Master said that there are no knots in the very beginning. ( 2 cents opinion )





Where there are sentient beings, there are buddhas. The buddhas have great vows and duties to perform. They realise all sentient beings have the same buddha nature like them. They try their best selflessly to wake all these sentient beings from their slumbers and dreams. Are we still in our slumber and dreams? Yes, I am. I am very grateful to the buddhas always for their selfless motivation and unconditional love and compassion.








Contributed by Lim Yan Wei 
We often hear in the Dharma, “Before we attain Buddhahood, we should first cultivate good affinities with all human beings.” If we would like our future to be bright and free of obstacles, we should always make friendly connections with all living beings. Having cultivated the causes and conditions that would benefit others, we can easily attain success in whatever endeavors we ourselves undertake.
Greed, anger, sleep and other vexations are dark clouds that conceal our inherent pure nature. The desire for sleep is the hardest to subdue. Practitioners of Buddhism must regulate themselves both physically and mentally, and honestly reflect whether they have indulged in oversleeping, but at the same time, also being careful not to be too severe and deny appropriate rest. Only by practicing the middle way may one fully reap all the rewards of the practice.
By observing the five precepts, you accumulated blessings and merits to attain enlightenment upon hearing the Dharma. Owing to its spirit of selflessness and diligence, the compassionate one was able to attain Buddhahood in the future. When we practice Buddhism, are we also steadfast in upholding the five precepts, and maintaining our spirit of compassion and diligence?





The old lady who learnt Tai Chi from me told that she went to see doctors quite often to have some medical check-ups even though there was nothing wrong with her. Her reports on her health were excellent except her legs were weak due to old age. She is 84 years old. She asked me whether I went for any medical check-up. When I told her I haven't gone for any check-up through my life, she was quite surprised to hear that.
My master had taught me a very good method. I used to give treatment to those old folks when they had muscular pains. I rubbed for them to relief the pains. Next I used to buy some medicated palms for the older people living near my place. I remembered my friend's wife who had a car accident many years back. She had a multi-fractured on her bones. I sent about 24 bottles of green palms which were specially made by one of Tai Chi masters, Mr Chia. After two years later,she came over with her husband to Singapore on a wheelchair to thank me. I was quite touched by her gratitude.
I followed my master instruction very closely to help the sick person. As a result my students have found me healthy all the time except once a while I caught a flu and I can recover from my sickness just a few days later.
Hence doing good will actually benefit oneself even those, I have never asked for any return. Try this method you can be free from major illnesses.





No comments:

Post a Comment