Saturday, February 2, 2013

DEC 23


We can't do research and find answers from elsewhere when we need to explain Tao or Dharma. It is at what level of our wisdom is that we can give the answers to the students. The wisdom comes from within and from the awakening stages of ours. Therefore when the students have been fully awakened, we have to be in turn to be their students instead. ( 2 cents opinion)






Last week when my students and I were having dinner together, one of them asked me how to cultivate compassion and loving-kindness. So I asked her whether she had anyone she dislike or hate most in her office. She said somehow when she looked at her working partner, she just simply hated her. Her working partner also disliked my student.Then I told her it was a very good opportunity to develop her kindness and compassion. I told her to send the love feeling and learnt to accept her and talked nicely to her. I told my student that in the past life she had ill-treated her and therefore in this life time her working partner also hated her. I told further explained that if she could turn her around to be her good friend, then her compassion and loving-kindness could be achieved.
This is the best way to cultivate good merits as well.







What have I learnt from my master? He gave me a simple rule to follow; speak good, do good and think good. I followed this rule strictly for forty years. It is very simple and yet very hard to follow or fulfill. He told me that this rule would help me to open up my hidden wisdom, compassion and loving-kindness. Would you like to follow this simple teaching?







Easy steps that may reduce your blood pressure

On December 19, MyHealthNewsDaily offered a few tips for lowering blood pressure, including avoiding fructose -- a 2010 
study in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology found that people who consumed 74 grams of fructose or more each day had a 77 percent higher risk of high blood pressure. 
Also eat a healthy diet and reduce your sodium intake to 2,300 milligrams a day or less. For people 51 years or older, a level of 1,500 mg a day or less is ideal, according to Mayo Clinic. To help keep tabs on your sodium levels, you can keep a salt journal or use a salt-tracking app such as Sodium One or Sodium Tracker.
Also eat your bananas -- eating foods rich in potassium has been shown to be as effective as cutting your salt intake in half, says MyHealthNewsDaily. Other foods containing potassium include raisins, prunes, apricots, strawberries, dates, spinach, and tomatoes.
Meanwhile, the Mayo Clinic in the US suggests losing weight if you need to and exercising regularly. Losing just 10 pounds, or 4.5 kilograms, of excess weight can lessen your hypertension. Aim for 30 to 60 minutes of exercise most days of the week.









No comments:

Post a Comment