Saturday, February 2, 2013

JAN 12


It is very important to make a short pause everyday to regain our spirit and energy. Over abuse of our body and mind will lead us to a painful moment later. Depression and sickness will set in. Our mind and body become weaker each day. When I find that I have done enough for a moment, I will either sit down and do my breathing exercise or work out with my Tai chi steps. I need to refill my energy again in order to have a short period of mindfulness knowing that I am in existence, knowing that I am a divine.








"Though my view is higher than the sky,
My attention to cause and effect
Is finer than flour."
~ Padmasambhava's Pith

The cause and effect brings us to this ocean of suffering and even makes us going round and round with death and birth. It is so fine that we tend to be not aware of it. Your view can be very high, wishing to get final liberation, but first we need to take of our present karma, think good, speak good and do good. If we constantly mindful of our thinking, speaking and doing, we can see the opposite shore closer to us. Put in more effort and to be there, the final destination!










Yesterday, a student of mine saw me as I walked past a bank in Bugis area. She said she rushed to meet me and wanted to give me a red packet for the coming New year. I walked so quickly that she couldn't chase up with me. Later she found me in a coffee shop talking with some foreigners and a Chinese who are all my old friends.
She sent me a message, " Master, I have an affinity to see you in a busy and crowded area, but I have don't have the affinity to talk to you."
Yes, in life, we can say that it is so near and yet so far apart. Please give yourselves a chance to see your parents or good old friends who are living somewhere if you have a time, otherwises when anyone leaves this world, you will be regret for being able to him or her.
" It is so near and yet so far. "








Meditation is a skillful tool that helps you to clear away the cabbage you have been holding it on for aeon of past life. And this cabbage makes you going through the cycle of death and birth continuously. It does not take you more than twenty minutes of your 12 hours a day to practice. Many people keep on telling me they are busy and they have a lot of work to do. They sell their whole life to the time and have no freedom. Not even have twenty minutes of freedom for themselves. They spent most of the time to excel and store enough materistic wealth for the future.
I heard a lady saying that her friend kept working very hard saving her money. And when she was asked why she needed to save so much money. The answer was: " When I got older I had sufficient money to pay for my medical bills."












No comments:

Post a Comment