Saturday, February 2, 2013

DEC 27


Buddhists believe that all beings possess Buddha-nature. In our true nature we are all Buddhas. However, the face of our Buddha-nature is obscured by karma and its traces, which are rooted in grasping at self, just as the sun is covered by clouds.

Nagarjuna writes: 
Water in the earth remains unstained.
Likewise, in the emotional afflictions,
Wisdom remains unstained.

Lord Buddha says in Haivajra:
Living beings are Buddha in their true nature,
But their nature is obscured by causual or sudden afflictions.
When the afflictions are cleansed, living beings themselves
are the very Buddha.

Buddhahood, or enlightenment, is "no-self." It is total, everlasting, universal peace, openness, selflessness, oneness, and joy.





In Buddhism, the diagnosis and remedy are contained in the our four noble truth that we suffer, the truth about why we suffer, the truth that we can end our suffering, and the truth about the path that leads to freedom. Following that path is a choice we can make. Even while struggling with everyday difficulties, we can improve our lives. Mind is the key. By properly guiding and training our minds, we can experience the power of healing.
The Dharmapada says:
Mind leads phenomena.
Mind is the main factor and forerunner of all actions.
If one speaks or acts with a cruel mind,
Misery follows, as the cart follows the horse.
Phenomena are led by the mind.
Mind is the main factor and forerunner of all actions.
If one speaks or acts with a pure mind,
Happiness follows, as a shadow follows its source.








I just finished having a dinner with my students. They were asking me again how to chant a mantra sound OM. I showed it to them. I chanted the sound. But they could not see my lips moving and my body was so relaxed, like nothing was happening. They could hear the sound coming out from my body. I explained to them that the sound must be vibrated from the base and come out through the whole body.
Next they asked me how to pray to Kwan Yin. I asked them whether they had fallen in love with someone or not. If a person fell in with someone, he would always think of her and had her in mind and heart all the while. He would always remember how she looked like. So if they could do it to the lover, they could do it the same to Kwan Yin.
I call this a romance with the divine. If they can do it this and treat Kwan Yin as their lover, then their meditation will more mindful and successful. Bliss, calmness and peace will follow them like their own shadows. I told them I always think of myself like a baby in the arms of Kwan Yin before I sleep. And she would rock me to sleep. And I would have a peaceful night sleeping so soundly. ( 2 cents opinion )











No comments:

Post a Comment