Friday, February 8, 2013

FEB 8


To realise yourself and the truth do not just come from reading the scriptures, sutras or books. Neither can you learn the truth from hearsays, listening to dharma talks nor other ways. All these are experiences of others. You need to open up the senses together to walk your life may it be difficult or plain sailing. The heart is the one that can realise the truth. When you see the reality and truth, you will be like a person who sips the tea and knows its taste and yet you can explain such experience or truth to anyone. This is really wonderful!






My student told me that a few months ago, when she closed her eyes, I put my hand on her forehead, she saw a blue lotus appeared in her third eye. Then I asked her whether the blue lotus still remained with her. She said she could still see it clearly.
That is what my master used to say said, " When a dragon find the pearl in the sea, he can ignore all the fish swimming by."
This is another good method of meditation to arrive at the stage of stillness. Only when one is able to reach this stage of stillness and practice further on insight meditation, one's wisdom will able to emerge. It is also means the running or defiled thoughts will not effect the meditator. I praised her to be able to understand this concept.







One day an old man with a bit hair appeared in my thought. I tried to erase him from my mind but he kept appearing in my mind. Then one afternoon, I went into a shop which sold incense and candles, I saw his photo. So I asked the shop keeper who was this man. He told me that he was a famous forest monk who had passed a hundred year ago. He was very powerful at that time.
So whenever my mind is disturbed, I just think of him, the diluted running thoughts would stop and I can find my peace and my mind can become still. So anyone can pick an object, a round crystal, a flower, a picture of a Buddha or any item and focus on it till your mind come to rest in peace and stillness. When you have mastered it, you need to let go of it and do insight meditation or you can do both at the same time. ( 2 cents opinion )

No comments:

Post a Comment