Saturday, February 2, 2013

DEC 21


~ Loan Halifax 
When we walk slowly and mindfully, the world can fully appear. Not only are the creatures not frightened by our haste or aggression, but the fine detail of fern and flower, or devastation and disruption become visible.




The mind should be like a camera loaded with appreciation, ready to capture in full color and in perfect focus the essence of each beautiful moment. ~ Anonymous






~ Sanskrit Proverb 
Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow is but a vision.
But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day.





Completing unfinished Business.
I will always remember a favorite college professor of mine, Don Willie. Professor Willie was one person who believed in me and saw my potential. I often wanted to take time to thank him for his inspiration and support. But my motivation to do so seemed to get lost in busy days and career and family matters. Months turned to years, and one day I read about his death in the alumni newsletter. " Why didn't I thank him? Why didn't I write him a letter or send a card?" "Did he know he made a difference in my life?" This is an example of just one piece of unfinished business. His loss became an important reminder to me that now is the time to express my feelings toward others. Say I Love You now. Send those flowers to the loved one now. Appreciate someone now. Forgive someone now. Completely your unfinished business allows you to let go of the past and live more fully in the present moment.
~ Jerry Braza, PH.D






No comments:

Post a Comment