Saturday, February 16, 2013

FEB 15


One day a blind nun needed to sew her clothes and she couldn't put a thread through the hole of a needle. She asked for help. All the monks and nuns had gone out their round of alms. Lord Buddha heard her. He came down from his seat and helped the blind woman. The nun was pleased and she asked," Who are for so kind to me?" " It is me." The nun got a shock, " Master you had completed you full enlightenment, why you bother to do such a small deed for me.?" Lord Buddha asked," There is no end to accumulate good merits, no matter at what level you have attained."
Hence we can see that to accumulate merits and cultivation our compassion have to be going on forever.


Learn to live a meaningful and fruitful life where all your friends can have you as an umbrella when it is raining and a key to open their doors of happiness when they feel depressed.


My master said," In life, 1) somebody con us.
2) we con somebody. 3) we con ourselves."
We con ourselves most of the time thinking we are the best person and we always doing good, we are honest and we are generous. Is it true? we make our own judgement.
We con somebody because we need them to help us, we want their love and we want them to be our good friends.
Some body con us most of the time we thought they are good to us, we thought they can help to make some money and we were not smart enough to know their tricks.
There are hundred reasons for us to fall into this situation.
So my master said," unless and until you can free and able to get rid of the five poisons; greed, anger, ignorance (naive), pride and doubtful, then none of those cons will happen to you." Please give your views if you think the about statement made by my master is not true. ( 2 cents opinion )


During my younger day, I was quite ignorant and naive and I don't much about life and I don't why enjoy every moment of my life. One day a friend gave me a card and it said," Sky and Earth are our teachers." I pondered for a long time. I couldn't understand the meaning this phrase. One day while I was walking in the reservoir, full of trees and fallen leaves. I sat on a bench and started to thinkwhy the trees were so green and alive. " Where can they get the 'food' from for them to grow?" Such a silly question. I looked at the fallen leaves again, I noticed these leaves were decaying and some of them looked more like soil. Suddenly I saw a flash in my mind. Oh! These decayed leaves were their 'food'.
After this incident, I realized that I can actually learn all of things from nature- " Sky and Earth are our teachers."


No comments:

Post a Comment