Saturday, February 16, 2013

FEB 16


~ unknown
I was in Hong Kong. My marriage was going badly, my youngest daughter had died from sudden infant death syndrome two years earlier, and in every way I was not happy. We returned to America and at Stanford Business School I saw a sign for tai chi and signed up. That began to calm my body, but my heart remained sorrowful and confused. I separated from my wife and tried various forms of meditation to calm myself. Then a girlfriend introduced me to her meditation master, who invited me to a retreat. The room was formal and silent as we all sat hour after hour. On the second morning, suddenly I saw myself standing looking at my daughter's grave, with a shovelful of red earth being thrown on it. Tears came and a wail rose from me. the other students nearby hissed and whispered " Shut up," but the master came over and told them to be still and held me for a time. And I wept and blubbered, filled with grief all morning. That was how it began. Now, thirty years later, I am the one holding those who weep.



The Persian poet Rumi 
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture.

Still treat each guest honorably,
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

(Please express your thought on this poem if you have some. )


these wandering distorted thoughts are like tidal waves, as they come into our mind, they eventually subside if we know of their presence. Trying to stop or build on them, we tend to suffer with regrets. Be aware of your awareness, nothing will hurt and harm us.


When mercury is dropped on the ground, its very nature is to remain intact; it never mixes with the dust.
The defilements and attachments that we have are like dust, so confusing and defiled that we have difficult to sort them out accordingly or to detach them. As long as you are able to identify your true self has a nature like mercury, you will able to see the reality of living. You are not that far from reaching the opposite shore. ( 2 cents opinion )

No comments:

Post a Comment